7.15.2011

The 2011 World Eskimo-Indian Olympics

Let me take a break from my quantum-entanglement earth-to-space cryptography (here) readings and talk about next week. On Sunday I head southbound on the 12-hour Dalton High Express shuttle ride and a few nights in Fairbanks. I was informed that the WEIO will start on the 20th. Over 14,000 people from all over the world attend the World Eskimo-Indian Olympics and it's only staged in Fairbanks. Luckily, I don't leave FAI until the 21st and will get to see the first night of ear pulls, two-foot high kicks, Miss Eskimo 2011, traditional dances, fur displays, speeches from international tribal leaders and politicians and much more. I've never even heard of this event until a couple days ago, so this will be a first for me. You can check out their website here and the photos are property of Ronn Murray Photography, thank you.