11.07.2010

The Waterfall Palace

At 9 AM I awake to a few roosters calling and the aroma of locally grown coffee. It's bliss. I walk outside and count the waterfalls. Then plan out what beaches to explore :)

Golf anyone?

One of the community pools in Princeville.

A house like the one we're staying at.

Hole 4.

Outside our front door is a bit of surfboard and a jungle. Our base camp is called 'Hale Ho'opio' and it's rental site can be found here on VRBO. I highly recommend it. A rental car is useful. The locally grown ingredients are of highest quality. It's Hawaiin name refers to it as being the shared place of revitalization and I call it the 'Waterfall Palace' because of the waterfalls in the backyard.

Our entry...

Every day we walk into some surprises... this morning it was basil mint, lemon, egg plant, papaya and green onion... all grown in the frontyard. This is a good example of sustainable living.

Our dining area and living room.

The back porch hideout.

Work table and TV. After 12 months of no TV I'd rather listen to the geckos.

My father's room.

My room.

The grill.

Back porch.

And last but not least here be the side portion of The Waterfall Palace.