12.24.2010

2010 Christmas Preparation

In the last 48 hours I have spent 36 hours in the kitchen creating the finest Christmas dinner in all of Santa Catalina. Christmas for a Chef is not a holiday really, but it is fun and I enjoy the many hours sweating in the 100 degree Panamanian kitchen... on the contrary to sweating in a 60 degree kitchen in Antarctica. To see the guests smile is why I am in this game. The guests who arrive tonight, 10 couples in total, are in for a real treat. On Sunday I will upload the holiday menu plus pics of all the festivities. But til then, just take a quick glance below and you will see some of the common dishes on our menu and where I get the fish from... three local kids that spend every day in a small boat using a net to catch dinner for their families and ours. I support them and they support us.