9.23.2010

A Super Sunrise

I'll let the photos speak for themselves. The only change that I am personally experiencing deals with the 24/7 light outside. Unlike winter, my body and mind yearn to do something active constantly rather than sleep a lot. Light seems to penetrate every crevasse in my room... subconsciously, I know my eyes/retina register the light while lying in bed thus alter hormones, i.e., decrease in melotonin production. To compensate, I shovel snow for many hours outside after kitchen work and due to that I am rapidly adjusting to the sunlight. My goal: gather a few hours of direct sunlight by shoveling snow under the sun and then retreat to a somewhat dark bedroom. Eventually my body/mind will get back to the circadium rhythm I had one year ago... roughly 12 hours in a day and 12 hours in a night vs. 6 months of day and 6 months of night.