8.02.2010

The Cheesecake Station

I will admit that I have an addiction to cheesecakes. It's not that I eat a lot of cheesecake, it's just that they're fun to make and I make 'em wherever I journey too. The basic cheesecake elements are a crust and a filling. I prefer to do homemade crusts with ground homemade cookies, that way you get a base full of flavour. For instance, you could do a double chocolate cookie crust with a peanut butter filling and get something as tasty as a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. For one cheesecake filling all you need is 24 oz. cream cheese + 3 eggs + 1 cup of sugar + whatever flavourings you feel like.

Here's a crust that's been egg washed and baked for 10 min. at 350. The outer seam is about an inch taller than the base.

On Sunday a few of us got together for a cheesecake party. These kids are grinding up cookies, adding a bit of melted butter and molding the crusts in springform pans.

Patting the crumb crusts.

After the crusts are baked we began filling them. To the left is the blueberry cheesecake.

Once they were filled I popped 'em in the oven for 50 min. at 300.

The filling station.

Shelbot made a peanut butter and jelly cheesecake.

We made chocolate swirls on some and multiple layers on others.

Here's my coffee sun inside an amaretto filling.

Get baked.

After they rested overnight in the fridge I pulled then out for packaging. Starting from the top left and moving right.. pumpkin, coffee and chocolate, blueberry, cappuccino, amaretto, vanilla and chocolate, peanut butter and jelly, the everything cheesecake and a dark chocolate mocha cheesecake.