2.23.2009

The City of Melbourne


Oi, people. In one block I passed by more people than I have seen all summer. No more red parkas and bunny boots, it's all about the suit and tie and funky French leather boots. In the past I'd shy away from these crowds, but now I'm getting to enjoy them, especially when your in isolation for 1/3 of the year. Spent the evening doing some shopping and applying for some Australian governmental conservation jobs. I got a mobile phone... an astonishing feat considering I haven't had one for nearly 4 years. But enough spending let's get to the farm. I called Frank up and the first thing he asks is what food I like... haha, anything, everything. Already off to a great start. Then he says that two girls from Sweden and Brazil are there moving beds around, he asks if I mind being flexible about where I sleep. 6 months ago I was sleeping on rocks with a tarp at a coastal nature reserve in Costa Rica and in Antarctica I basically had a jail cell with a few tapestries, fake tree, and chillzin red light my Mama sent me. A bed is a bed and beggars can't be chosers. Eh? Flexibility requires the necessity of simplicity and an open mind, both of these traits inspire me to explore and reap the sweetness of life. I love Australia! G'night mates.